Back-up Your Files on your cloud or device
ScanPro App will store all of your PDFs locally on your iOS device. However, if you delete the app, your local files will also be deleted.
If you backup and restore a device via iCloud, or backup and restore a device via your Mac or PC, all of your ScanPro documents will also be transferred.
All Supported Cloud Services
In addition to local storage, ScanPro Subscribers and Pro app users are able to sync their documents to a number of cloud service providers, including Dropbox, iCloud and Google Drive.
For a full list of all of our cloud services please see the link below:
- Android: https://scanproapp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042135273-Which-cloud-services-are-supported-by-Scan Pro-for-Android
- iOS: Link: (need to create this article, content is in this doc below)
If you have cloud sync enabled, you can delete ScanPro App from your device, all of your backed-up documents will be available in the cloud provider you have selected.
If you delete ScanPro App and have cloud sync enabled, you may wish to review your files in ScanPro. Currently, iCloud is the only cloud provider supported that allows for the import of files into the app, following the deletion of the app.
Opening Files in Scan Pro App
You may manually add documents from another cloud provider app on your device. For example….
- Download the desired file to your device
- Open the Scan Pro App, close or save any pending actions
- Navigate to your file & folder page of Scan Pro App, then go back to your phones home screen
- Navigate to your file app manager, such as Photos, and select a file
- While viewing the file, click the share icon
- If you do now see Scan Pro App on the list, click more, and toggle Scan Pro App on
- Click on the Scan Pro App icon
- A pop-up will read: “Please open Scan Pro App to finish your scan” (the message will close after a few seconds)
- Open your Scan Pro App, and you should see the desired file open, as if you just scanned it yourself.
While some apps support a “share” or “copy to” functionality (Like Google Drive or locally stored files), not all do, nor is a feature that is maintained by Scan Pro App.
Unfortunately, support for the iOS Files app is not available at this time.
iOS Cloud Support
Scan Pro App for iOS: Which clouds are supported?
Scan Pro App supports some of the most popular cloud services out there to upload and save your scanned documents. They include:
- Evernote / Evernote Business
- Google Drive
- OneDrive (former SkyDrive)
- OneDrive / OneDrive for Business
- OneNote / OneNote for Business
With WebDAV support, you're able to connect a variety of additional clouds. Among others, these clouds are supported now as well:
- 1&1 Online Office
- BUSYMOUSE online drive
- C3 Classroom Content Cloud
- Fabasoft Folio Cloud
- Family Cloud
- FirstClass Server (OpenText)
- GMX MediaCenter
- infoXpert eDRMS (Version 8.2+)
- Milton WebDAV API
- STRATO HiDrive
- Social data bridge
- T-Online Germany
- Web.de SmartDrive
- Dump Truck
Are you missing your favorite cloud service? Let us know and we may be adding it in the future!